How To Select The Right Listing Agent: Good agents strive to continuously improve themselves. Ask about their credentials and education. Only agents who are members of the National Association of Realtors can call themselves a REALTOR®.
Other Important Questions to Ask a Potential Agent:
- Look for a full-time agent who has sold a number of properties similar to yours.
- Ask for a list of homes they’ve sold and for a list of references.
- Interview a few agents.
- Find an agent who is tech-savvy: today’s transactions move at internet speeds.
- Ask the agent specifically how they will market your property.
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Time is money when attempting to sell a home.
- Complex issues will arise over the course of selling your home. You should feel comfortable that your agent is willing to explain everything to you until you understand clearly.
- Finally, a good agent will spend more time listening to you and asking you questions about what you want, rather than talking about themselves. Pick an agent with whom you feel most comfortable.
What Is Your Home Worth? Has your home appreciated? Do you know what it is worth? Pricing your home accurately is one of the most critical decisions you will make. On their own, most people tend to overestimate the value of their home. An overpriced home will lapse on the market. As experienced real estate agents, we look at homes every day and we know at what price homes actually sell for, compared to their original listing price. We can suggest a price your home should sell for in the current market.
How Are Agents Paid? Real estate agents don’t get paid until you have successfully sold your home; typically they are paid a percentage of the real estate’s final selling price. Real estate commissions are negotiable in California . The commission will depend on the type of property you are selling, the anticipated sales price, the type of agent you hire, and the level of services they provide.
Why Choose Grisalin & Associates? When we list a home for sale, we immediately set in motion a complex and tech-savvy marketing plan to broadcast the availability of your home. We will quickly post your home with photos on this and other websites and the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). As a technologically sophisticated team, we use digital photography, virtual tours (when applicable), internet search and optimization technology to maximize your listing’s exposure to as many agents and buyers as possible. We will also market your property quickly and effectively through proven methods, which may include signs, fliers, lockbox, public open houses, and direct advertising such as postcards and open house invitations which we typically will hand-deliver.