With home prices on the rise and buyer demand still strong, some sellers may be tempted to and sell their homes on their own without using the services of a real estate professional.
Real estate agents are trained and experienced in negotiation and, in most cases, the seller is not. Sellers must realize that their ability to negotiate will determine whether or not they get the best deal for themselves and their families.
- The buyer who wants the best deal possible
- The buyer’s agent who solely represents the best interests of the buyer
- The buyer’s attorney (in some parts of the country)
- The companies, which work for the buyer and will almost always find problems with the house
- The termite company if there are challenges
- The buyer’s lender if the structure of the mortgage requires the sellers’ participation
- The if there is a question of value
- The title company if there are challenges with certificates of occupancy (CO) or other permits
- The town or municipality if you need to get the CO permits mentioned above
- The buyer’s buyer in case there are challenges with the house your buyer is selling